C++ developer choices in open source projects

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 30 11:51:51 PDT 2014

Am 30.10.2014 um 16:52 schrieb Atila Neves:
>>> The only two workplaces I was allowed to use C++ properly was at CERN
>>> and at a startup on a C#/C integration project done via Managed C++.
>
> Well, at CERN, "allowed" mostly because nearly everybody writes code for
> themselves only and people do whatever they want to do. Never mind that
> there's no common CERN-wise codebase that isn't called ROOT.

Well my workgroup at DAQ Dataflow cared for C++ quality, but it was not
the same everywhere.

That is why one of our projects was a C++ stress tester for parallel
algorithms.

Still, the quality of the code there was way better that any C or C++
code that I have seen in the wild in the typical corporations, specially
codebases that suffered the magic offshore wand.

--
Paulo