What IDE/EDITOR do you use for D?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 30 13:03:32 PDT 2014

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:46:48 -0700
"H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d" <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> I saw that. Do you think it might be extendible enough to replace
> std.stdio.writef?
p.s. i'm actually planning to add the things like "%?s", where "?"
means "take width from the writef!() argument". i.e. this will be
possible: `writef!"%?s"(8, "abc")`, and it will work like
`writef!"%8s"("abc");`. that's why i'm using that ugly `wrWriteWidth()`
function to do formatted write.

it also can analyze argument types to avoid "to!string" conversions and
use it's own nuber printing function which not allocates, for example.

the only thing that stops me from extending it now is that GDC is not
able to compile it. being 2.065 GDC is not allowing to pass structures
as template arguments.