D wrapper classes leak memory. Next steps?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 31 06:42:52 PDT 2014

On Friday, 31 October 2014 at 13:16:17 UTC, eles wrote:
> Something that I read here:

> My feeling too.
>
> If you need more owners for a resource, then explicitly ask for.

Thank you for sharing, a very interesting discussion topic.

I am increasingly thinking that it might be possible to have a
system level language where you can do progressive refinement
from a garbage collection supported sketch to a hardcore real
time app.

Basically have different compilation modes where you start out in
executable pseudo-code and gradually turn on more switches which
give you performance/ownership etc warnings (integrated in the
IDE).

Kinda a like starting out with Python and ending up with C.

D supports this a little bit, but has not been designed for it (I
think).