code cleanup in druntime and phobos

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 1 09:11:01 PDT 2014

"Walter Bright"  wrote in message news:ltvuu1$imf$1 at digitalmars.com...

> d. making me create an account in order to submit the report

Hmm, this is actually an argument in favour of migrating our issue tracking
to github, as people are more likely to have an account there.

> The end result of all this is I very rarely submit bug reports anymore. If
> the maker makes it hard for me to submit one, I infer they don't want to
> hear about bug reports, so why bother?
>
> (I also cannot recall any vendor actually fixing a bug I reported, EVER,
> in 30 years.)

This is my experience too, unless you count Digital Mars =)

> Bottom line is, if someone wants to submit a patch via bugzilla, or even
> email, we should be accommodating, or at least not blow him off. I've
> often added Bugzilla issues for things I've received via email.

Generally, patches in bugzilla just rot.  Letting potential contributors
think their work won't be wasted if they submit it to bugzilla would most
likely lead to disappointment.

Copy-pasting a bug report into bugzilla is luckily a much less involved
process than testing, presenting, updating and arguing for a pull request.