[OT] EU patents [was Microsoft filled patent applications for scoped and immutable types]

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 1 09:38:22 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 17:05:40 UTC, Russel Winder via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-08-29 at 11:44 +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
> […]
>> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_Trade_and_Investment_Partnership#National_sovereignty_and_Investor_State_Dispute_Settlements_.28ISDS.29
>>
>> I don't want to live on this planet anymore >_<
>> ..yet again.
>
> But we have to!
>
> In a sense this is just the multinational corporations doing
> what they
> should do create a market to maximize shareholder value. Sadly
> it is an
> indirect return to a feudal system on a massive scale.

> The core problem here is that most politicians are directly or
> indirectly reporting to these corporations as much as to the
> voters.

I believe this is not the core problem. Core one is that people
in general don't care much about those issue and consider many of
those attempts perfectly legitimate. It is an education and
cultural issue in the first place. You can block few really bad
laws by creating enough fuss about it in media but this takes
quite an effort. And all they need to do is to push the very same
law later under different name, no risk here.

What is even more frustrating the very same people will feel
freaking smart by calling you paranoid and pretending that are
reasonable pragmatical persons and you are some tin foil hat
geek. It is not just the corporations we need to fight but
established mass attituded successfully endorsed by those
corporations. And _this_ really sucks.