code cleanup in druntime and phobos

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 1 12:25:01 PDT 2014

On 9/1/2014 9:11 AM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> "Walter Bright"  wrote in message news:ltvuu1$imf$1 at digitalmars.com...
>
>> d. making me create an account in order to submit the report
>
> Hmm, this is actually an argument in favour of migrating our issue tracking to
> github, as people are more likely to have an account there.

I know we require an account to submit something to bugzilla. The main reason
for that is to reduce spam. But we don't require an account for the forums, so
worst case a drive-by bug report can be posted in the forums.

>> Bottom line is, if someone wants to submit a patch via bugzilla, or even
>> email, we should be accommodating, or at least not blow him off. I've often
>> added Bugzilla issues for things I've received via email.
> Generally, patches in bugzilla just rot.  Letting potential contributors think
> their work won't be wasted if they submit it to bugzilla would most likely lead
> to disappointment.

I'm curious what outstanding patches exist in bugzilla. Clearly, we need to make
a pass through and check.

> Copy-pasting a bug report into bugzilla is luckily a much less involved process
> than testing, presenting, updating and arguing for a pull request.

Yup.