Voting: std.logger

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 1 23:53:28 PDT 2014

On Monday, 1 September 2014 at 18:57:25 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 1 September 2014 at 16:52:16 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> You are totally misunderstanding goals of std.logger - people
>> as _expected_ to roll their own Loggers. std.logger is here
>> only to provide standard API for those to integrate with each
>> other and few trivial common implementation as examples. Rest
>> is dub business.
>
> Oh, I understand the intentions perfectly well, but the default
> should be performant, multithreaded, and cover the most common
> use scenario.

+1

While its useful for the standard library to provide stubs, these
mean very little without a default implementation. And the latter
shall be quite generic to cover most of the use cases.

Rolling one's own loggers shall be done only if the world is not
enough.