Encapsulating trust

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 2 00:41:15 PDT 2014

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 07:03:05 +0000
Dicebot via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Because by adding dedicated syntax you save 2 (two!) symbols and
> gain nothing else.
except code readability. anti-human tendencies.

> And get all the associated compiler
> maintenance costs which add up with each smallest feature.
so let's stop adding features at all. and extending Phobos too. we are
so scared by adding even simple things.

bwah, i can write that patch in a hour, and it will require very little
maintenance: it will break when lambdas break, and that is not often
(and such changes breaks alot of other things anyway).

p.s. sure i'll not write it, 'cause i'm not ready to fork D and my site
with "D powerpatches" aren't up yet. ;-)