[OT] EU patents [was Microsoft filled patent applications for scoped and immutable types]

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 2 01:45:13 PDT 2014

On Monday, 1 September 2014 at 20:02:41 UTC, Russel Winder via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-09-01 at 19:49 +0000, Chris via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
> […]
>> True, true. Most people don't realize / care about how all
>> this stuff affects them. In fact, your average iPhone user
>> will be quite happy with the corporate prison, as long as they
>> can watch the latest shit on youtube.
>
> If it was an A-list celebrity having a sh!t, I suspect a lot of
> people
> would make a very serious amount of dosh.
>
> Apologies for the apparent cynicism, but it is really just
> reality
> (television) sinking home.

No worries, you're not being cynical. The word 'cynicism' is
often used wrongly. It is usually used to shut up those who raise
critical questions. And it's usually the real cynics who use this
strategy.

You are just being sarcastic in your comments. And sarcasm
usually means that someone does care, albeit s/he might be a bit
frustrated. In fact, if you were cynical, you wouldn't even
bother to write these comments, you wouldn't give a damn any
more. The guys who wrote "Arbeit macht frei" ("Work makes (you)
free") over the entrances to various concentration camps were
cynical.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism_%28contemporary%29#Overview