Voting: std.logger

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 2 06:08:01 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 10:25:03 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
>> However, if there any API issues that will likely block the
>> implementation you want - those are very important to hear
>> about. This is #1 priority right now.
>
> I am concerned about performance, formatting and type safety.
> You need to:
>
> 1. define the use cases you want to cover
> 2. list the requirements
> 3. define a model
>
> Only then does it make sense to define the API. If D is to have
> the upper hand as a system level language then the logging must
> be performant. For performant logging you might not want to do
> string-formatting at all in the engine you are monitoring.

Sorry but it doesn't work that way. If you are concerned about
those cases it is you who must do necessary research and provided
specific list of requirements / changes. No one else is going to
do it.

While your raise important concerns it doesn't have any practical
application right now and I can't use it in any way as part of
review process. We need details (see the responses of other
voters). Pure theoretical speculations won't help.