Encapsulating trust

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 2 12:15:46 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 17:19:28 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> yes, i'm relatively new in D world and my position may look like
> extremist one, but all i want is to make D better. that's why
> i'm
> writing those posts instead of sitting silently in my shell. i
> know
> that we can't change C or C++, but i believe that we can change
> D. not
> by throwing in random features, but by making D more
> consistent, better
> looking and more pleasant to use.

After following these forums for quite some time I think the
roll-your-own-as-proof-of-concept is the best approach. If it is
better and the compiler is capable of taking mainstream D as well
as your own syntax then others will follow and there will be
pressure to implement it in the main branch. There is just waaaay
to much resistance to improve the D syntax to waste time arguing
for it.

Time is better spent arguing for more performant/better semantics
in the mainline and fix syntax in private builds until the wind
changes direction… (and an alternative build that is better, yet
remains compatible, is the best way to change direction the wind
is blowing).

I'm rooting for you! :-)