Encapsulating trust

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 3 03:04:01 PDT 2014

On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 09:43:47 +0000
via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> > besides, i don't like LLVM. ;-)
> So you will have to build your own backend too! :]
sometimes i'm thinking about writing backend that generates C++ code
(not human-readable, with templates expanded and so on, just to use
already available C++ compiler).

> Out of curiosity, what is it about LLVM that you don't like?
license and apples. ;-) i prefer gcc. i don't know gcc internals, so
can't help Iain, but i'm backporting some of my patches and mainline
bugfixes to current gdc (2.065). when we got 2.066 landed i'll try to
keep patches for both DMD and GDC in sync. sorry, no LDC support is
planned.

> That's the spirit!
i just have no life. ;-)