kill the commas! (phobos code cleanup)

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 3 06:25:49 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 3 September 2014 at 12:52:07 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> no, "!" are nice. using "!" is like telling everyone "see, im
> SOOO cool!"

So I have to annihilate the exclamation points from templates
myself. I'd like to have a unicode alternative such as:

temp‹a,b› =>temp!(a,b)

temp«a» => temp!("a")

and while you are at it, please implement √x and √(x+y) as well.
:)

> anyway, "comma-separated expressions" must be eliminated. ok,
> let
> 'em appear in `for()` for a while, but nowhere else.

Yeah, I agree. They are only useful in C macros.