Mono corrupted D files

Israel via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 3 17:37:50 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 3 September 2014 at 21:46:54 UTC, AsmMan wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 September 2014 at 21:13:31 UTC, AsmMan wrote:
>> Something very strange happened 2/3 days ago. Two of my D
>> files of the project I was working on got all values replaced
>> by 0 (that's what I seen rather D code if I open the file with
>> a hex debugger). The file size of both files keep intact
>> although. And no, I have no backup of these files. I had a old
>> copy of it on a external hard drive but I needed to format it
>> to use in something else and didn't put my files before it...
>>
>> Instead of turn off my windows machine I always hirbenate it
>> and left open all stuff and then I just back quickly to point
>> where I was on. That day, when I logged on system I noticied
>> first non-usual behavior: the machine looked like I had
>> restarted it instead of hibernate. All stuff I left open
>> (including mono) wasn't open anymore. I find it strage but
>> moved on. But to my surprise when I open mono, the "recent
>> projects" always available on left menu bar was empty. Just
>> like I had installed mono not used yet. I open my project
>> directly by clicking on "open" and navigating to folder of
>> projec and then I see the two of main project files with a
>> values set to zero.
>>
>> Can some Mono expected help me?
>> My question is: can I recovery these files? or what remains to
>> me is cry?
>> restore the system didn't helped (and I neither expected to
>> but I tried)
>>
>> Not sure if it is related: that day my machine had no a
>> network connection.
>
> If it is relevant, I'm using Windows 8.1 64-bit

Its hard to say friend. Im not exactly a mono "Expert" but i
would assume what happened was...

--You put your system to hibernate
--The computer somehow lost power and the memory dump was
diminished.
--When you turned your computer back on, that dump was corrupted
and somehow affected your files.

zip the files up and uplaod them, maybe someone here can help
salvage what is left?