kill the commas! (phobos code cleanup)

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 7 03:21:48 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 7 September 2014 at 08:35:13 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> but there is no need in extra work actually. using ASCII and
> English
> for program UI will work in any encoding. and any byte with
> high bit
> set should not be interpreted in any way. it's much easier than
> utf,
> you see? ;-)

Whatever your motivation is, I'd say utf-8 is a blessing, and I
personally see no reason for supporting any other encoding (not
even utf-16 or utf-32).

utf-8 combined with unique ref-counted immutable short strings is
quite acceptable IMO (you can compare non-equality by address
only). D needs an efficient implementation of it, that's all.