kill the commas! (phobos code cleanup)

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 7 04:53:27 PDT 2014

On Sun, 7 Sep 2014 13:51:23 +0200
Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> But I figure, your system is 100%
> English anyways and you have no use for NLS ? :D
no, you aren't right. ;-) i'm not a native English speaker (as you can
see from my postings) and my system is bilingual (trilingual, actually).
yet i'm using one-byte encoding.

> But it doesn't. While Latin places letters in a sequence which
> you could cut off anywhere, Korean uses blocks containing
> multiple consonants and vowels. For truncation of text you
> would be interested in the whole block or "grapheme" not a
> single vowel/consonant.
that's problem of Korean language, not mine. ;-) and yes, i know about
accents and other unicode stupidness, including that "rtl switch".
bwah, just ignore 'em altogether. additionally, ignore everything that
is out of first two unicode planes, so we can stick with 0..0xffff
range.