Which patches/mods exists for current versions of the DMD parser?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 8 01:51:09 PDT 2014

I've started to make some minor mods to the DMD parser to tailor
it to my own taste, but there is no reason to do double work,
even if experimental. So I wonder which patches are available or
in the works by others?

I'm currently working on the following mods (not thoroughly
tested yet):

in : templatename‹params›
out: templatename!(params)

in : templatename«params»
out: templatename!"params"

in : a := expr
out: auto a = expr

in : a :== expr
out: immutable a = expr

And plan to continue with:

in :  √x+y
out:  sqrt(x) + y

in :  a•b
out:  a.opInner(b) // dot product, maybe some other name?

in :  #arr;
out:  arr.length //or perhaps something more generic?

What are you working on and what patches do you have?

What kind of syntactical sugar do you feel is missing in D?