Which patches/mods exists for current versions of the DMD parser?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 8 08:22:03 PDT 2014

On Monday, 8 September 2014 at 15:09:27 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> It is not about D community but about yourself. Do _you_ want
> to be viewed as a valuable member of community? Do _you_ want
> to receive on topic responses to your threads?

I only want to receive a response on this thread from community
members who are willing to share their patches! Your contribution
to this thread is counter productive.

Ketmar is a noble example that I'd encourage others to follow.
More people like him would bring D out of stagnation.

> If answer is yes, you will consider people expectation as much
> as a license.

No, I don't consider other people's disparage expectations on
this topic. I consider the orignal author's choice of license. I
am sure he considered the licensing-options and stands for his
own choice. If he does not, then an explanation from the original
author is in place.

>> We add to the eco system. We don't detract from it.
>
> Bullshit. Any kind of forking wastes most valuable resource
> open source world can possibly have - developer attention.

Uhm, no. I would not use D in it's current incarnation so I need
to modify it. Ketmar and I are not DMD developers. We are
currently digging into the code base. Modifying the parser is a
good way to learn the AST. Maybe we one day will become DMD
developers, but this attitude you and others are exposing in this
thread and the bug-report-patch thread aint sexy. It's a turn off.

What you are doing is telling prospective contributors that this
community is about cohesive military discipline. Totalitarian
regimes tend to run into trouble. I most definitely will never
join a cult that expose it as an ideal. I'm not one of your
lieutenants. Sorry.