Which patches/mods exists for current versions of the DMD parser?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 8 17:44:30 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 9 September 2014 at 00:24:18 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> let me stress it: this it NOT ABOUT FORKING AT ALL. this is
> about "hey,
> people, tell me about things your playing with in your free
> time!" and
> now you telling us that we should stop playing with *free*
> *and* *open*
> *code*. or at least be ashamed of what we are doing.

If actually using any of those patches (or recommending to do it)
was never your intention, I apologize. However you have earlier
made several comment about maintaing own set of patches for
things that don't seem to be accepted upstream and that has been
the deciding factor in the most negative interpretation of the
thread. Probably it was more of a sarcasm thing but you can never
be sure on the internet.

Actually I got more angry of Ola "license > people" attitude than
any of your experiments. In general I respect any kind of
personal preferences unless those get spoken out loud in "this is
the right thing to do" style

> and we have no NG to ask such questions. this NGs is the main
> point of
> connection for D users. where he should ask his question if not
> here?

This NG is appropriate place for asking such questions but exact
wording used was most confusing and didn't resemble any sort of
learning / experimental topic. Sorry for misunderstanding your
intention but being more precise about intentions can help to
avoid it.

> please, don't turn such people off. 'cause your posts make me
> think
> that making my own independend D fork is not such a bad idea
> after all.

It can be both a good and a bad idea for reasons I have already
mentioned. Most likely impractical because of plain amount of
effort involved but it is clearly better than sticking to private
patches (almost) no one else uses.