Lieutenant needed: build and release process

Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 8 19:21:14 PDT 2014

Personally, I've never found the multiple repositories inconvenient.
About the only place they are are when simultaneous changes are required
to more than one of the parts.  That's INTENDED to be rare since it
directly implies a non backwards compatible change.  Those changes tend
to hurt people and making it more obvious that it's happening and making
the bar a little higher to leap isn't a bad thing.

About the only pro listed below that I can agree with is the atomic
commit issue (see above for my feelings on those) and the regression
hunt.  There's already tooling to deal with the latter, and it works
pretty well.  The rest fall into the "yes, you're right, but the benefit
it minimal at best.

The con's are more significant to me.  The permissions issues.  The
enforced layers.  The fact that the cost of change isn't small and the
benefits from the change are small.

I vote no.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd still split them up.