Which patches/mods exists for current versions of the DMD parser?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 9 03:02:11 PDT 2014

On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 00:44:30 +0000
Dicebot via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> However you have earlier
> made several comment about maintaing own set of patches for
> things that don't seem to be accepted upstream
i'm still doing this, 'cause i found some things inconsistent and worth
fixing even if this breaks compatibility with some old code. but this
new features are used in my private libraries that i'm not intending to
make public (albeit some of them are accessible on repo.or.cz).

while i'm still sure that some changes should be accepted to mainline,
i don't want to fight for this.

by the way: i'm not topicstarter. ;-)

> > that making my own independend D fork is not such a bad idea
> > after all.
> It can be both a good and a bad idea for reasons I have already
> mentioned. Most likely impractical because of plain amount of
> effort involved but it is clearly better than sticking to private
> patches (almost) no one else uses.
what is the difference between "fork" and "building HEAD dmd with
private patches applied"? i already forked dmd, just don't feel that i
have to make it public.

btw: Lua has officially-blessed page "Lua power patches" in it's wiki.
i can't see why D can't.