Which patches/mods exists for current versions of the DMD parser?

AsmMan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 9 06:15:55 PDT 2014

On Monday, 8 September 2014 at 08:51:10 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> I've started to make some minor mods to the DMD parser to
> tailor it to my own taste, but there is no reason to do double
> work, even if experimental. So I wonder which patches are
> available or in the works by others?
>
> I'm currently working on the following mods (not thoroughly
> tested yet):
>
> in : templatename‹params›
> out: templatename!(params)

Why dou want to turn it into C++'s style? it will slow down the
compiler time because we need to look at symbol table the type of
templatename because it might be a comparasion using < operator
like this: a<b

> in : templatename«params»
> out: templatename!"params"

Why quote a paramter as string?

> in : a := expr
> out: auto a = expr

is this declaration? following (fortran?) rules: variable used in
assignment without a previously declaration has implicit type?
this isn't very good.

> in : a :== expr
> out: immutable a = expr
>
> And plan to continue with:
>
> in :  √x+y
> out:  sqrt(x) + y
>
> in :  a•b
> out:  a.opInner(b) // dot product, maybe some other name?
>
> in :  #arr;
> out:  arr.length //or perhaps something more generic?
>
> What are you working on and what patches do you have?

I didn't find this one so bad but these symbols are hard to type
on usual keyboard...