Quit running foreign unittests >_<

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 9 19:29:39 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 10 September 2014 at 02:14:39 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> This is getting to be (or rather, *continuing* to be) a royal
> PITA:
>
> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/issues/673
>
> I don't mean to pick on Vibe.d in particular, but can we have a
> solution (that doesn't involve obscure corners of druntime, or
> demanding everyone use the same build system) for running our
> unittests *without* triggering a cascading avalanche of
> unittests from ALL third party libs that don't cooperate with
> the [frankly] quite clumsy version(mylib_unittests) hack?!

A while ago, I though about adding an optional module/package
whitelist as a compiler flag, something like
-unittest=myapp,mylib.important. Never really got to implementing
it, or even thinking about the implications in any details.

David