Quit running foreign unittests >_<

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 10 00:57:00 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 10 September 2014 at 02:14:39 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> This is getting to be (or rather, *continuing* to be) a royal
> PITA:
>
> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/issues/673
>
> I don't mean to pick on Vibe.d in particular, but can we have a
> solution (that doesn't involve obscure corners of druntime, or
> demanding everyone use the same build system) for running our
> unittests *without* triggering a cascading avalanche of
> unittests from ALL third party libs that don't cooperate with
> the [frankly] quite clumsy version(mylib_unittests) hack?!

My opinion stays the same - it is good reliable default and
should stay that way. And yes, I absolutely hate when libraries
do version(mylib_unittest) hacks forcing me to bother with
millions of versions to enable them back.

Simple solutions is to provide alternative unit test runner
module as part of Phobos which does the module/package filtering.