Quit running foreign unittests >_<

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 10 01:30:01 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 10 September 2014 at 08:21:34 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
>> Simple solutions is to provide alternative unit test runner
>> module as
>> part of Phobos which does the module/package filtering.
>
> It needs to be *crystal* clear and trivially simple:
>
> A. Knowing that it exists.
> B. Sussing out how to use it.
> C. Actually using it.
>
> Otherwise, version(foo_unittest) will continue to linger out of
> an individual's convenience, and so once again, not everyone
> gets to have things their way.
>
> A related concern I have about a Phobos-only solution:
> When/where do you configure it? Obviously it can't happen
> anywhere in the scope of main. Are static ctors sufficient? I
> would *think* so, but I'm not certain.

Leandro Lucarella has written similar solution for our internal
testing purposes. It provides a test runner that is configured by
CLI arguments and allows filtering of modules and non-fatal test
failures. It is for D1/tango but I am pretty sure it can be
ported to D2 runtime with close to 0 changes. I have not managed
to convince him it is worth making public though :(