Platform specific DMD tests

Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 10 05:04:36 PDT 2014

On 9/10/14, Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> I'm working on the D/Objective-C integration. There's a bunch of new
> tests added that should only be run on OS X. Currently these are in a
> separate test suite. How should these tests be handled? Should they stay
> in a separate test suite, exclude the files from the current makefile
> somehow or something else?

When I had to test windows-specific stuff I put the actual test files
in /extra-files/. Here's an example:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/test/compilable/test9680.sh

So you could simply exit if ${OS} does not equal OSX (not sure what
the actual string is), otherwise run the test-suite.

But maybe there's a simpler way. Kenji/yebblies/others?