[Article] D's Garbage Collector Problem

Peter Alexander via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 10 13:11:01 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 10 September 2014 at 20:01:40 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Orvid, where's that new GC when we need it? ;)

Andrei posted this in the reddit thread:

"OK that does it. I'm going to redesign and implement D's tracing
garbage collector using the core allocator I wrote a short while
ago.

Fatefully Walter Bright and I were talking about the GC over
dinner last night (I'm at cppcon in Seattle!) and I figured if
this is what matters for D, I'll have to do it. And it does
matter. It's actually not that difficult especially given that we
have a solid allocator backend."