Getting completely (I mean ENTIRELY) rid off GC

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 11 06:44:09 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 11 September 2014 at 12:38:54 UTC, Andrey Lifanov
wrote:
> And I think of idea of complete extraction of GC from D.

You could also recompile the runtime library without the GC.
Heck, with the new @nogc on your main, the compiler (rather than
the linker) should even give you nicish error messages if you try
to use it, but I've done it before that was an option.

Generally though, GC fear is overblown. Use it in most places and
just don't use it where it makes things worse.