RFC: scope and borrowing

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 11 11:06:39 PDT 2014

Am Thu, 11 Sep 2014 13:58:38 +0000
schrieb "Marc Schütz" <schuetzm at gmx.net>:

> PING
>
> Now that there are again several GC related topics being
> discussed, I thought I'd bump this thread.
>
> Would be nice if Walter and/or Andrei could have a look and share
> there opinions. Is this something worth pursuing further? Are
> there fundamental objections against it?

I just needed this again for a stack based allocator. It would
make such idioms safer where you return a pointer into an RAII
struct and need to make sure it doesn't outlive the struct.
It got me a nasty overwritten stack. I cannot comment on the
implementation, just that I have long felt it is missing.

--
Marco