Which patches/mods exists for current versions of the DMD parser?

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 11 12:23:26 PDT 2014

On 09/11/2014 06:45 PM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 September 2014 at 14:14:38 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>
> Which unsound general statement? ...

I was quoting relevant passages.

> If the community

'the community'?

> is trying to undermine the license

I don't even see that happening. What I saw was Daniel voicing a polite
request based on his perception of the situation and drama immediately
ensuing without any further adult discussion.

> through what might be described as "verbal abuse",

I discourage such behaviour, but the statements made by you and ketmar
ascribe this incident too much importance.

> then the license is put in doubt. I can
> then not assume that the next version will be released under the same
> license. That makes the source code less attractive. This is what
> Dicebot achieves.  The question is, is this what the original authored
> wanted? And why should Dicebot have the privilege to undermine the
> license? This is a trust issue.

If this happened, then you would be the one who authorizes Dicebot to
have such an effect: by your distrust.

>> How has your 'freedom' been 'restricted', if at all?
>
> Look up the word "shunning".

I encourage you to look it up yourself. Nothing of that sort has taken
place.

> I don't know what you are talking about. The license grants your
> freedoms.

It grants you certain _rights_. It guarantees you that you won't be sued
for certain actions that would usually be up to prosecution without
licensing.