C++/D interface: exceptions

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 11 17:44:08 PDT 2014

On Friday, 12 September 2014 at 00:34:52 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Making any progress on this is likely to be hard work, so any
> idea that structures and simplifies the design space would be
> welcome.

Just a quick comment on this: 2) is very simple to implement for
all the compilers that actually use libunwind Dwarf 2 EH on
Linux, i.e. GDC and LDC (I think deadalnix already looked into
this for SDC).

3) is also doable, but of course significantly more annoying
because you need to deal with the internals of the exception ABI
of your C++ compiler. Accessing the exception object is
relatively trivial, ABI and mangling support is slowly coming
anyway, but OTOH handling the exception lifetime correctly could
become somewhat of a headache.

David