C++/D interface: exceptions

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 11 20:37:33 PDT 2014

On Friday, 12 September 2014 at 00:34:52 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

> We are racking our brains to figure out what to do about
> exceptions thrown from C++ functions into D code that calls
> them.

Allowing a C++ exception to propagate through D code is
definitely possible.  Catching a C++ exception would require some
knowledge of how that particular C++ runtime throws exceptions
though.  Like I can see registering an exception handler for a
C++ exception maybe somewhat similar to SEH, then prettying it up
with syntactic sugar.  It seems tricky but doable, at least at a
glance.