Getting completely (I mean ENTIRELY) rid off GC

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 12 00:49:57 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 11 September 2014 at 20:11:45 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 September 2014 at 12:38:54 UTC, Andrey Lifanov
> wrote:

>   - Other memory management technique require bookkeeping. In a
> multicore environment, that mean expensive synchronization.

It is also true that when you start to really optimize the GC
(precise, concurrent etc.), its complexity is not lesser than the
complexity of that bookkeeping.

I think there is place for both, just allow taking one or the
other path when the programmer decides it is the way to go.

Remember, what people like in C is inclusively the "shoot the
foot" simplicity and availability. If you want it, you do it.