It turns out it's quite hard to have @safe pure nothrow functions. Oh, and const.

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 12 05:43:08 PDT 2014

I know about the differences between C++ const and D const. I'm
not talking about head-const, tail-const or logical const.
If I'm not mistaken, the last thing that happened to me was
storing the captures from a regex into a const variable, then I
couldn't index it.
I didn't look at the implementation, but it's very weird to me
that getting an element can't be done on a const object. And yes,
I'll look into doing a PR for it.

I'm using stdx.data.json a bit now as well, and will have to give
feedback there. I can't make anything const, it seems.

I wasn't aware of @safe stdio, it always annoyed me that @safe
functions can't call writeln, that never made any sense to me.

Atila