SCons and D

Trent Forkert via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 12 12:48:42 PDT 2014

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 1:42 PM, David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 7 September 2014 at 17:36:35 UTC, Trent Forkert via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> The support for D in CMake is currently very minimal. Various groups
>> (including LDC) have partial solutions that work to a certain extent.
>>

> That's a very kind way to put it. ;)

I have seen far worse CMake configs. You deserve the kindness.

> As you certainly know (but others might not), we currently just invoke LDC
> as a custom command for building the runtime libraries, without any proper
> language support at all. This shows that CMake is flexible enough to handle
> atypical use cases like that, but I'm looking forward to your work for
> proper language support (compiler detection, …).
>
> If I remember correctly, Ben Boeckel from Kitware was also looking into
> adding D support to CMake a while back. How does your project relate to his?

Ben's work was originally much more limited than mine. Once he found out
about my work (read: once I pushed it to a public repo), he started helping
me when time allows. I feel I should probably mention that his interest in
D is (IIRC) as a Fedora contributor, updating old, abandoned D1 projects to
D2, not in any official Kitware capacity.

Cheers,
> David

 - Trent