[OT] Siemens Space experiment for using Haskell instead of C++ for Mission Control Software

po via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 13 08:27:20 PDT 2014

> Basically the usual points how real enterprise C++ looks like,
> where no
> one cares about "Effective C++" and similar practices.

  Why they were using C++ for that type of software is beyond me,
I'd rather use Haskell if latency & throughput aren't my main
concerns.

  The paper he referenced in regards to prototyping is from 1994.
I'm not even sure if C++ has STL at that point. Which makes it
pretty well meaningless.

  In the end all this really says is that legacy C++ is
terrible(which it is), it doesn't really apply to C++14. Also the
tooling advantage C++ has over Haskell or D is pretty wide--