Stroustrup's slides about c++11 and c++14

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 14 00:42:13 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 13 September 2014 at 21:54:19 UTC, po wrote:

>> Heh, I like how he says static if was proposed by "Walter
>> Brown." ;)
>>
>> Is it just me or did it seem like most of the stuff in those
>> slides is already in D?  I don't follow C++.
>
>  Walter Brown is a real person;)

Ah, I now see that he is, since he's listed in the footnotes for
the full Stroustrup rebuttal that Walter just linked, a
researcher from Fermilab with his own static if proposal.  Still
funny that this Walter was left out, although Bjarne probably
sees so many names and people, maybe they just blended together
in his mind. ;)