Stroustrup's slides about c++11 and c++14

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 14 02:42:27 PDT 2014

I can provide first hand experience on taht one, having them
implemented in SDC.

On Saturday, 13 September 2014 at 20:10:55 UTC, eles wrote:
> static if is a total abomination
> • Unstructured, can do everything (just like goto)
True !
> • Complicates static analysis (AST-based tools get hard to
> write)
Very True !
> • Blocks the path for concepts
I don't think so. The 2 can cohabit.
> • Specifies how things are done (implementation)
I'm not sure what this one mean precisely.
> • Is three slightly different “ifs” using a common syntax
Yes, but i don't think this is an issue.
> • Redefines the meaning of common notation (such as { ... })
The meaning of {} is different depending on the construct it is
used with. That's is no different in the case of static if.