Stroustrup's slides about c++11 and c++14

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 15 11:17:35 PDT 2014

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> C++ intelligentsia seems to have a superiority complex with
> regard to D, and that's entirely understandable.

D and C++ compete for a similar programming niche, but C++ is so
much widespread compared to D, that it's like comparing a blue
whale with an ant. In practice there is no real match and
competition. D is not going to replace C++ in the next few years,
and probably it will not eat a significant percentage of the C++
pie. So I think it's a good idea to have a little more
collaboration between the two language communities. Such
"superiority complex" is not going to help any one.

Bye,
bearophile