std.experimental.logger: practical observations

Cliff via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 15 15:44:04 PDT 2014

On Monday, 15 September 2014 at 22:39:55 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> On Monday, 15 September 2014 at 22:33:46 UTC, Robert burner
> Schadek wrote:
>> and you can do all that with std.logger.
>>
>> again, the idea of std.logger is not to give you everything,
>> because nobody knows what that even is, the idea is to make it
>> possible to do everything and have it understandable later and
>> use transparently
>
> Issues like threading behavior and (a)synchronicity guarantees
> are part of the API, though, and need to be clarified as part
> of the std.logger design.
>
> David

This is *really* what I am getting at.  Even if not another line
of code is written nor feature added, its important to state what
is actually intended so people know where the limits are a
priori, rather than finding an implicit contract and then running
with it (leaving you with legacy behavior to potentially maintain
later.)