Increasing D's visibility

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 16 06:51:14 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 16 September 2014 at 13:39:07 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 20:37:50 -0700
> Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Isaac removed D for ease of maintenance reasons and a few in
>> the community rushed to accuse him of bias.
> but he IS biased. why D? there are alot of other languages, so
> unless
> there are concrete evidences that he decided which language to
> remove
> by fair dice roll, it's safe to assume that he is biased. "D is
> less
> known that XYZ so drop D" is biased POV, for example.

Why does it matter why D was dropped? If he did it because of
racism there might be a reason to talk about it, but my
understanding is that it's a volunteer site he runs just for the
heck of it, so it's okay even if he dropped D only because he
doesn't like it. There's nothing to be gained by pushing the
issue.