Where should D programs look for .so files on Linux (by default)?

Jordi Sayol via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 16 23:56:03 PDT 2014

El 17/09/14 a les 07:52, Chad Joan via Digitalmars-d ha escrit:
> I was using Derelict to play around with SDL/OpenGL in D for a bit, and I was initially unable to do so because DerelictSDL2's search paths for .so files could not find libSDL2_ttf.so on my Linux distribution (Gentoo).

.so files are shared libraries on Linux. These libraries should be available on specific directories listed in "/etc/ld.so.conf" and "/etc/ld.so.conf.d/*" files. Place your shared libraries in some of these paths and then run "ldconfig" command to create symlinks to the latest libraries version and to update the "/etc/ld.so.cache" cache file. This is not specific for D but for all Linux programs.

Regards,
--
Jordi Sayol