Increasing D's visibility

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 17 11:30:35 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 17 September 2014 at 14:59:48 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Awesome. Suggestion in order to leverage crowdsourcing: first
> focus on setting up the test bed such that adding benchmarks is
> easy. Then you and others can add a bunch of benchmarks.

On a somewhat related note, I've been working on a CI system to
keep tabs on the compile-time/run-time performance, memory usage
and file size for our compilers. It's strictly geared towards
executing the same test case on different compiler
configurations, though, so it doesn't really overlap with what is
proposed here.

Right now, its continually building DMD/GDC/LDC from Git and
measuring some 40 mostly small benchmarks, but I need to improve
the web UI a lot before it is ready for public consumption. Just
thought I would mention it here to avoid scope creep in what
Peter Alexander (and others) might be working on.

Cheers,
David