Library Typedefs are fundamentally broken

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 17 14:17:40 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 17 September 2014 at 21:03:26 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 08:49:02PM +0000, Piotrek via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 17 September 2014 at 05:40:22 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> >On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 03:05:57AM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via
>> >Digitalmars-d
>> >
>> >Yeah, I found structs + alias this far more useful than any
>> >kind of
>> >typedef. Due to the way alias this lookups work, you can
>> >basically
>> >"customize" the underlying type by defining the appropriate
>> >struct
>> >methods to shadow the underlying type's, thereby achieving a
>> >kind of
>> >"static inheritance".

>> Do you think it's worth to mention it in "Comments" section of
>> the
>> docs?
> [...]
>
> Sure. Which page?

Now this is a good question :)

http://dlang.org/library/std/typecons.html
or
http://dlang.org/library/std/typecons/Typedef.html

Do we have any guideline for users comments?
Moreover, I've just stared wondering if the new layout if
officially released .

Piotrek