Totally bizarre error, requesting assistance

Koz Ross via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 18 21:58:28 PDT 2014

On Friday, 19 September 2014 at 04:55:34 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Friday, 19 September 2014 at 04:46:56 UTC, Koz Ross wrote:
>> I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I figured
>> it was worth a try. Basically, I'm getting totally bizarre
>> behaviour from my code, which I have put in a repo at
>> https://gitorious.org/tournament-tree/tournament-tree/source/545460fb9d760b6bfa5bc74deb7b69d79ec70541:
>
> I can't reproduce this. It's probably related to GDC. Can you
> try a different D compiler?
>
> If you can't reproduce the problem with DMD, you should post in
> the GDC group:
> http://forum.dlang.org/group/D.gnu
>
> Have you heard of DustMite? It can automate the process of
> reducing your code to a minimal test case:
>
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/
>
>> To replicate the error, simply run 'make profile' from the
>> project directory. It should fail (claiming an enforcement
>> error on node.d, line 50).
>
> There is no enforce call on node.d line 50. Is the uploaded
> source code correct, or is this part of the problem?

Hi Vladimir,

First of all, thanks for the prompt response. The enforce call in
question is actually on line 55, and looks like this:

enforce(value > 0)

I added a few clarifying comments to the file, and I guess it
changed the line number from what it was originally.

I will try and compile this under dmd and see if I have the same
problem. I haven't heard of DustMite, but I'll also look into
that. Thanks!