@nogc and exceptions

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 19 00:57:22 PDT 2014

I am obviously in favor of simply calling recurrent mutable
exception chains illegal (probably even immutable ones until we
fix const correctness of druntime exception handling).

Reason is simple : it doesn't require any changes in existing
code and is exactly the way we already do it in Sociomantic :)

To make it reliable Exception chain may need to be updated to
doubly-linked list to be able to efficiently verify that new
exception is not already present in the chain. I don't see any
costly overhead implications from that though.