code cleanup in druntime and phobos

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 19 03:42:46 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 18 September 2014 at 16:35:10 UTC, Bruno Medeiros
wrote:
> I went to the great oracle (Wikipedia) to clarify what is the
> more formal and proper term for this. Fair enough, indeed the
> likes of
> Facebook/Google+/MySpace/LinkedIn/Twitter/Instagram/tumblr/etc.
> are more precisely called "online social networking services".
>
> So ok, I concede that Github can be called a "social network".
> Although under that interpretation so is any web forum or
> bulletin board that has more than a handful of people
> communicating. (Personally I would still prefer avoiding that
> term.)

It can and should be called as such. At least as far as I am
familiar with this domain "social network" term belongs more to
sociology than to webdev / technology. It as a useful term to
have exactly because it implies certain human behavior patterns
and how those can be used for business purpose, whatever exact
application domain you have.

> I change my point to say that Github is not a "social
> networking service" then.

Sure, I have never pretended it is.