WindowsAPI as dub package

evilrat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 19 05:37:23 PDT 2014

On Friday, 19 September 2014 at 12:10:05 UTC, Paul Z. Barsan
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently used cairoD for drawing and I thought it would be
> nice to have support for win32 surfaces. In order to add
> support for this feature I need a winapi-d package for dub.So
> far I've found some personal mirrors and clones on github such
> as:
>
> https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/WindowsAPI
> https://github.com/CS-svnmirror/dsource-bindings-win32
>
> but so far nobody dares to maintain a big pkg like this. Are
> there more experienced users willing to do this ?
>
> The main problem is that the development still takes place on
> dsource.org. Can dub get packages from svn repositories ? If it
> doesn't, how can we solve this? Maybe a new github organization
> like "dub-packagers" to involve more people and avoid to much
> effort for one man with a personal account?
>
> Someone said there is windows API support in phobos. I've seen
> there are stc.c.windows.windows and core.sys.windows.windows
> modules but they don't appear in the online documentation
> (http://dlang.org/phobos/).Are those modules meant to be used
> by clients and the docs are outdated or is just dmd internal
> stuff ?
>
> Thanks in advance !

there is no FULL WinAPI in Phobos(just too big for std lib), but
everything(almost) required for cairo is already there. why do we
need full WinAPI if cairo just uses few structs for non critical
stuff like fonts and icons description?

and if you REALLY need whole WinAPI just get those dsource
bindings and set up as import path in dmd config.

as for documentation, i don't think ddoc insert docs for public
imports modules like std.c.windows.windows...