WindowsAPI as dub package

Paul Z. Barsan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 19 06:11:53 PDT 2014

On Friday, 19 September 2014 at 12:37:25 UTC, evilrat wrote:

> there is no FULL WinAPI in Phobos(just too big for std lib),
> but everything(almost) required for cairo is already there. why
> do we need full WinAPI if cairo just uses few structs for non
> critical stuff like fonts and icons description?
>
> and if you REALLY need whole WinAPI just get those dsource
> bindings and set up as import path in dmd config.
>
> as for documentation, i don't think ddoc insert docs for public
> imports modules like std.c.windows.windows...

Don't get mad buddy, I'm just asking for other opinions...

What if I want to make a library that uses cairoD ? I will
carefully instruct all my clients to alter dmd.conf and declare
some structs here and there and some export declarations in
client code? Sorry, but those are hacks and don't look good in
client code. It should work out of the box with dub. The reason
for me being sceptical about std.c.windows.windows is that on the
linux side of things, cairoD was importing std.c.linux.X11 and on
my machine the X11 bindings were not there. They went to deimos
and there is an "x11" dub package which is a clone of deimos.X11