Dependency management in D

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 19 12:22:13 PDT 2014

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 19:07:16 +0000
Cliff via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

that's why dedicating people to work solely on build scripts and
infrastructure is good, yet almost nobody does that. ah, "enterprise
BS" again. fsck "enterprise".

as for build times: we always can write parsed and analyzed ASTs to
disk (something like delphi .dcu), thus skipping the most work next
time. and then we can compare cached AST with new if the source was
changed to see what exactly was changed and report that (oh, there is
new function, one function removed, one turned to template, and so on).
this will greatly speed up builds without relying on ugly
"header/implementation" model.

the only good thing "enterprise" can do is to contribute and then
support such code. but i'm sure they never will, they will only
complaing about how they want "faster build times". hell with 'em.